- 25 Oct 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 25 Oct 2022
- 3 Minutes to read
The Courseware Management area looks to mirror a one-to-one relationship with how content is structured in your Training Center. Consolidating both Categories and Courses into one view and bringing more informative and actionable details to the surface – provides a greater ease of navigating, searching and managing all your Courseware needs.
Creating and administering Courseware primarily consists of three core functions that share one Content Container – these are centralized under the Courseware Management umbrella (or section navigation). Select one below to read a more technical breakdown of each section:
Create, Manage and Organize Courseware Content.
Upload and store all media assets – videos, images and documents.
Create and Manage Interactive Video projects.
If you have access to more than one VT System, you will first need to select a Content Container to manage.
Utilities (Panel Header)
- Search: Quickly find what you’re looking for by searching Titles, Keywords and ID’s. You may also enter a comma delimited list to return multiple results.
- New Category: Create a new category within the select Content Container.
- New Course Create a new course within the select Content Container.
- Filters: Narrow your results by showing only Active, Inactive or All content.
- Compact View: Condensed listing of content for faster scannability.
- Thumbnail View: In addition to the content presented in Compact View, thumbnails and content descriptions are included.
All categories that have been set to “Display as Root” in the Training Center, will be represented in the far left column with all associated content nested to the right.
Select the “Edit” pencil to make any changes to the Root Category details and assigned courses.
When a Course is assigned to a Root, they will be nested to the right. Each Course card provides important information to help you manage content quickly.
- Thumbnail (Standard View only): Course Image
- Title: Full titles are display and will wrap based on length and page width
- Description (Standard View only): If a description is provided, it will display below the title with a maximum of two lines of text before truncation.
- ID: A unique identification number – helpful when managing multiple Courses for tasks like searching, bulk activation and generating reports.
- Chapters: The value represents how many Chapters are assigned to this Course. Selecting it will open a modal to view and manage Chapter details.
- Settings: Selecting the info icon will open a modal to view and manage a Courses assign Content Roles and Locations.
- Edit: Select to edit a Courses details and Chapter content
- Settings: Select to edit a Courses Content Roles and Location assignments
- Duplicate: Make an exact duplicate of a Course, including all details and settings. This will not duplicate reports and will be deactivate by default on copy.
The Chapter modal offers a top-level view of what content is active and what is not. You can quickly search for the Chapter you need, toggle its active state and/or drill directly into editing.
The Settings modal provides a top-level view of what Content Roles and Locations a Course is assigned to. Both settings are separated accordingly by the tab located under the modal header. You can search by name or ID and quickly toggle the active state for an individual Role or Location.
Like Courses, when a Category is assigned to a Root, they will be nested inline to the right. Expand a Category card to see all of it’s associated content. Additionally, any nested Categories will also be displayed inline, offering the ability to expand and reveal assigned content as needed.
Select the “Edit” pencil to make any changes to the Category details and its assigned courses.