Create & Update Users
NEW – as of Summer 2019 – LightSpeed VT has built an early access integration to Zapier! This includes two Zaps which are:
- Create New User – use this to create users in your VT System from any other popular APPs in Zapier (i.e. ClickFunnels, InfusionSoft, SalesForce, HubSpot, etc.)
- Update User – use this to update users in your VT System from any other popular APPs in Zapier. Examples of things to update are: make a user “inactive,” or to “change their content role” to add or remove content from a user, etc
Click Here to get “Early Access” to start using it today! Once you click the button on the linked page below, the LightSpeed VT Zaps will be available in your Zapier account.
Send Usage Data
The first step you will do when you create a Zap is create a “Trigger” and our instructions here for webhook integration only cover the “Trigger” section of the “Create a Zap” configurations, as the “Action” section will be specific to the APP you are connecting and sending the data to.
1) Sign in into your Zapier account and click the “MAKE A ZAP!” button in the top of the page
2) On the resulting page, type “webhook” and select “Webhooks by Zapier”
3) On the resulting page, type “webhook” and select “Webhooks by Zapier”
4) When prompted for “Pick off a Child Key”, proceed without adding any options
5) On the next screen, you will be presented with a Zapier Webhook Endpoint URL. This is the URL that the LSVT webhook will post data to.
6) Next, sign in into your Integration Manager by following this click path Super User Dashboard > 105 Integration Manager. Once inside the Integration Manager, click on the “Webhooks” dropdown, then click “Webhooks Systems”.
From there you can add the Webhook Endpoint provided by Zapier. In the “Details” section click “ADD URL”
From there, a modal will pop up where you can apply the settings for this webhook. The first thing you’ll want to do is give the webhook a friendly name. Next you’ll paste the Zapier endpoint into the “URL” field. Finally, you will choose the event that will trigger the zap. After you’re done configuring the webhook, click “Submit”.
The “Webhook Testing” section gives you the ability to send test data to zapier so you’ll have something to work with when finishing the zap setup. The “Send” field provides a drop down list of events, choose the event that you want to send. The “To” field provides a drop down list of the endpoint urls that are configured for your system, choose the endpoint that you want to send the event data to.
After you’ve sent the test data, you can return to Zapier and click “OK, I did this”.
Using The Filter
Zapier lets you add a filter between steps. This will allow you to specify certain conditions that the data must meet in order to pass on to the next step. To use this feature, click on the plus icon located between the steps that you want to apply the filter to.
Click “Save + Continue” on the next screen
3) Use the filter option to choose the “Event” that should be listened to in order to proceed to an “Action”. Refer to our list of available events here.
In our example, we wish to take an action when a user is created in the LSVT system. We choose the field “Event” as the first field. In second field, choose “(Text) Exactly matches”. In 3rd field add the event type (“user_create” for our example case).
Congratulations, you are now ready to use LSVT webhooks with any apps available in Zapier!