LightSpeed VT has the ability to pass information to an External or 3rd Party system such as a CMS. The only requisite for this is that your CMS can receive information from LightSpeed VT and your LightSpeed VT system is set up to send such information. Below is a list of necessary steps in order to achieve this communication.
1. Create a user, or edit an existing one. (If editing already, skip to step 2)
a) Go to the correct location, by clicking the Super User Dashboard, then click “103 Location Management”.
b) Select your system, then click “Generate Report”, and then choose the appropriate location for the user.
c) Click the side bar menu, click “Management Tools”, and then click “Manage Users”.
d) Click the “Create User” tab and fill in the user’s information.
2. After inserting all of the user’s information, make that user’s access level a Super User B / Level 2. Don’t forget to save!
3. Copy the user’s username and search their account via Super User Dashboard, “202 Manage All Users”. You must have Super User B access level to proceed.
a) Add in username in the “User Name” field and click “Search for Users”
b) Click on the user’s username to pull up their account.
4. Click on “Super User B Privileges” tab.
5. Turn on “API Manager“. Make sure your system is selected in the drop down menu labeled, “System ID’s”. Last but not least, make sure you have the “Access to all Locations by System ID” checked yes.
6. Go to the Super User Dashboard, click “105 Integration Management”
7. Click on “Webhooks” on the left, and then “Systems“.
a) Click “Add URL”
b) Click “Action” then “Edit”
c) Paste URL into the “Url” field
d) Give your Webhook endpoint a “Friendly Name” to make it easier to identify in the future
e) Check the event(s) that you want to receive at that endpoint
7. Save your info and then send a test Webhook to confirm your settings in Zapier.
a) In the “Send” field, choose the event you registered
b) in the “To” field, choose the Endpoint you just created
8. You can go to your CMS and confirm your test.