These settings control which message delivery options are available to users of the System.
Once these options have been toggled to YES, they become available to add to each user. This flexibility allows some users to opt for Emails, Text Messages, or LightPad messages only, based on their personal preference.
Once toggled to “Yes”, a new tab will appear on both the Location “Manage Users” screen and the Super User Dashboard, “202 Manage All Users” screen, for the users of that System.
Adding each delivery option to a User will prompt you for more information, either adding an email address or phone number for text messages.
Once the delivery methods have been added to each user, when you create a new message in the LightPad and choose the recipients, an icon will appear next to the users name based on which delivery method is available.
- Message Delivery – LightPad Default: Yes
- This will turn on or off the ability to send a message to other users via the LightPad.
- Message Delivery – SMS Default: No
- This will turn on or off the ability to send a text message to other users from the LightPad to the user’s cell phone.
- Message Delivery – Email Default: No
- This will turn on or off the ability to send a message to other users from the LightPad to the user’s email. (Note: In order to reply to the message, the user would have to login to the system and navigate to the LightPad.)
- Sendgrid Subuser
- This feature in progress and not yet ready for LIVE.
The Webservices Control Panel can configure email notifications to go to users based on the following events:
- Course Completion – when a user completes a course, the email gets triggered to go out in real time.
- Chapter Completion when a user completes a chapter, the email gets triggered to go out in real time.
- Number of days with no sign in
- Number of days after “Sign Up” (Start date)
- Number of days prior to account expiration
To set these up, the information we will need from you is:
- The IDs of the Courses/Chapters desired, or the “number” of days (whichever is applicable)
- Email from “Name” and “Email Address”
- Email subject line
- Email body text
And here is the dynamic data that is available to use in the body text:
%%courseid%% %%coursename%% %%datetimecompleted%% %%email%% %%firstname%% %%lastname%% %%locationid%% %%locationname%% %%phone1%% %%phone2%% %%userid%% %%username%%