LightPad is a messaging feature within your LightSpeedVT system. Enabling LightPad for your system will allow your users to communicate with each. To enable LightPad, navigate to the Super User Dashboard and click on “System Management ”.
Once you choose your system, click on the “Message Delivery Options” dropdown and click “Yes” next to the LightPad setting
You’ll see a few more options which control how messages can be delivered to users in your System.
Once these options have been toggled to YES, they become available to add to each user. This flexibility allows some users to opt for Emails, Text Messages, or LightPad messages only, based on their personal preference.
Once toggled to “Yes”, a new tab will appear on both the Location “Manage Users” screen and the Super User Dashboard, “202 Manage All Users” screen, for the users of that System.
Adding each delivery option to a User will prompt you for more information, either adding an email address or phone number for text messages.
Once the delivery methods have been added to each user, when you create a new message in the LightPad and choose the recipients, an icon will appear next to the users name based on which delivery method is available.
- Message Delivery – LightPad Default: Yes
- This will turn on or off the ability to send a message to other users via the LightPad.
- Message Delivery – SMS Default: No
- This will turn on or off the ability to send a text message to other users from the LightPad to the user’s cell phone.
- Message Delivery – Email Default: No
- This will turn on or off the ability to send a message to other users from the LightPad to the user’s email. (Note: In order to reply to the message, the user would have to login to the system and navigate to the LightPad.)
- Sendgrid Subuser
- This feature in progress and not yet ready for LIVE.
To send messages through LightPad, click on the mega phone icon in the header and then click on “My Inbox”
When you get to your inbox, you’ll see a button labeled “Create Message”
From there you’ll land on the “Location Users” tab, where you can choose any or all users within your current location to send a message to. You also have the ability to send messages to users based on their content role. The icons next to a user’s name indicate the different types of messages enabled for that user. The “Systems” tab
The “Systems” tab allows you to choose which users will receive the message by access level, content role, and or location
Allowing Admin Access
If you’d like to grant admin access to the different messaging features to specific users, which will allow them to send messages via SMS, Email, and LightPad, you’ll need to enable a few settings within the users’s account. Navigate to the Super User Dashboard and click on “Manage All Users ”.
Then provide the info need to search for the user’s account
When you get to the user’s account, you’ll see a “Message Delivery” tab. Under that tab, you’ll see the message deliver options for that user and you’ll also see a few other settings.
- Allow Admin Access – This will override the system settings and give the user admin access to LightPad
- Allow Email Send – This will allow the user to send emails to other users.
- Allow SMS Send – This will allow the user to send text messages to other users
The Webservices Control Panel can configure email notifications to go to users based on the following events:
- Course Completion – when a user completes a course, the email gets triggered to go out in real time.
- Chapter Completion when a user completes a chapter, the email gets triggered to go out in real time.
- Number of days with no sign in
- Number of days after “Sign Up” (Start date)
- Number of days prior to account expiration
To set these up, the information we will need from you is:
- The IDs of the Courses/Chapters desired, or the “number” of days (whichever is applicable)
- Email from “Name” and “Email Address”
- Email subject line
- Email body text
And here is the dynamic data that is available to use in the body text:
%%courseid%% %%coursename%% %%datetimecompleted%% %%email%% %%firstname%% %%lastname%% %%locationid%% %%locationname%% %%phone1%% %%phone2%% %%userid%% %%username%%