This feature allows Admins and Managers who have the privilege to “Create Users” to easily add (or “enroll”) users at their location.
This feature has two options for notifying users to Sign up (or Enroll) for your System:
- You may choose to generate a link that can be used in any number of ways, such as including it on email campaigns or printed collateral.
- You may choose to enter or upload a list of email addresses, which then the System will notify users via email to Enroll.
Here’s how it works
In the User Management section, you will see a tab at the top called “Enrollment”. Select that tab and then simply follow the steps on the screen. We’ll look at each step in more detail below.
Step 1 – Enrollment Options:
Choose whether you want the System to generate an enrollment link for you to send out yourself, or if you want the system to send an enrollment email (to a list of users) for you.
Step 2 – Enrollment Settings:
Name your enrollment campaign and then decide whether or not you’d like these users to “expire” or not.
If an expiration date is set, the User will be deactivated on that date and no longer be able to access your System.
As an example, the User Expiration section could be used if you were offering a free trial period of your System. Your users could Enroll and have full access to your System for a set period of time before becoming inactive.
The remaining steps in this section are:
- Define what Access Level to assign to each User.
- Assign which Team, if any, this User should be on.
- Select which content role(s) each User should have (this will determine what content the User can access in the Training Center.)
- Decide if you want these Users to show in the reports, such the Usage report.
- Decide whether or not to allow users to update their profile.
- Decide whether or not to allow users to create/edit other users. Note: Must be Manager C / Access Level 6 or higher.
- Select which language should be default for these Users (if you select “Yes” on number 5, they will be able to change their language after signing in.)
Step 3 – Email Settings:
In Step 1, if you selected the option to generate a Link, then you’re all set – simply send the Link to anyone you’d like and they’ll be able to enroll and get started right away.
If you selected the Email option – there are a few more settings you can adjust before they are sent out.
Here you can manually add a list of email addresses, separated by a comma, or you can upload a file of email addresses if desired. These should either be in an excel CSV file or a text file.
Step 4 – Send Email:
This is your opportunity to preview the email that will be sent out. This email contains pre-determined verbiage that is set for the entire “System”, as well as a free form area where you can insert custom verbiage. Once you are comfortable with the email verbiage, click “Send Enrollment Email” and you’re all set.
When people visit the enrollment link, they are presented with a form to fill out the following information:
From there, they are automatically signed in to your System. Reminder: These users will be created with all of the predefined settings you established in Step 2.
If you would like to adjust the email template, you can do so in the Private Label Manager. Navigate there, select your theme, select “Theme Settings” and then finally select “Enrollment Email.” The fields below indicate the information you can modify for the email:
Enrollment Link URL Parameters
When creating enrollment links, you have the ability to prefill the form fields by passing certain parameters into the URL. Keep in mind that when entering parameters and values in the URL address, make sure that they are separated with an ampersand commonly known as “&”. The value for the corresponding parameter is given after the equal sign or “=”.
|Parameter||Type||Value or Description|
|g||Integer||Location id (Gdlrld)|
|linkld||String||Preset from DB|
|customloginOrvisalus||String||Vet log form|
|billingFrequency||Integer||Billing Frequency field in Global User table|
|grossFeeCharged||Integer||Gross Fee field in Global User table|
|String||First name prefill|
|String||Last name prefill|
|Integer||Mobile phone prefill|
|postBackURL||String/Integer||Set return parameter to user’s LSVT login URL|
1. This is an example of a value that was returned by the system database.
2. First and last names were entered successfully.
3. Company name was entered successfully.
Note: You will not need to include a “%20” for each space.