LightSpeed VT utilizes the following processes and procedures backing up all areas of the LightSpeed VT system and infrastructure.
- Application files are backed up from the “version control repository” to a secure cloud storage device. This is done as incremental releases are posted.
- All static assets (images, videos, office documents, etc.) served from the CDN (content delivery network) are backed up automatically by Amazon Web Services.
- All databases are mirrored for High Availability. Full database backups occur daily, and incremental log files are backed up hourly. Backup files are stored daily in a secure cloud storage device.
LightSpeed VT utilizes the following processes and procedures backing up video production work and assets that are performed at their studios in Las Vegas, NV.
- As video is shot and recorded, it is saved on to two parallel storage devices. One is put in an onsite fire safe immediately, and the other is sent to digital rough cut stations.
- Raw, rough cut video is sent to a fault tolerant and redundant SAN which is what video editors work off of.
- Once a production project is finished being edited, and approved by the “client,” the edited media is moved to offline storage devices in duplicate, and is logged and moved off site for archival storage. This storage is kept for 2 years from the approved date.