Below you’ll find all of the steps and information on how to set up a live event stream using Zoom!
If you have a live event coming up, we will alert all Users with access to the event in the Megaphone (located in the top navigation header), as well as on the New Main Menu. Two types of notifications are automatically triggered:
- Starting Soon: Triggers 30 minutes prior to the event start time.
- Now Live: Triggers at the event start time.
Set up your Live Event with Zoom
Check out the tutorial below for a guide on how to quickly set up Zoom for live event streaming, how to assign or alert your users that a live event is coming up, and how to archive the meeting afterwards!
Step by Step guide
Your first step is to set up your Zoom meeting and grab the “Join Zoom Meeting” URL – it’ll look something like this:
Join Zoom Meeting
Next, navigate to Create/Edit Courseware, create a new Course and change the Course Type to “Live Event” (If you do not see this, click on the “show advanced options” button.)
Select “Zoom (External)” under the “Streaming Service” drop-down, and then paste your link in.
Finally, complete the setup and set the event date.
Assign and Publish the Course as you would a normal Course – by using the “Assign & Publish” section – where you can simply select the Content Roles and Locations where this will be available.
In the Training Center, it will look like this to your end users:
After selecting “Join Event” a new window will open and connect the user to the Zoom event (This is why we label this the “Exernal” version).
Once the event is over, the User will receive credit for attending the event on their report card, and it will be indicated on the Course with a green check mark:
If you’d like to track attendance, you can even use the Assigned Training tool to assign the Live Event Course to whomever you’d like – then after the event is over, you can check the Assigned Training report to see who tuned in.
Archive Live Events and Preserve Reporting
Easily preserve attendance to a Live Zoom Event and convert that event into a Standard Course. This will retain a users credit for attending, while giving users that missed out the opportunity to watch at a later time and still earn credit.
Simply follow the steps below to archive your Live Zoom Event.
- You’ll need to download your recorded event from Zoom and upload it to your Media Library. When the video is finished encoding, copy the link and proceed to the next step.
- Head to Courseware Management and locate the Live Event Course you wish to archive, then select Edit.
- Open the “Course Type” dropdown and select “Standard Course”, then click “Save”
- After you have saved the Course, select “Chapters” from the left-hand menu.
- Next, open the Chapter and paste (or Select from Library) your Video into the Chapter Part “Video Path” field.
- Select “Save Chapter” and that’s it!