To get started, navigate to the Super User Dashboard and select 106 – Community Management
From there, you can see your existing Communities and also create a new one.
You can create 1 Community per Location, 1 Community for a group of Locations, or one Community for all of your Locations.
And that’s it! So – what are Communities? The Community is meant to be a safe place for users to interact with each other and share their feedback and thoughts in a positive environment. As a Moderator, you can closely monitor and remove abusive material.
Once signed in, Users can get to the Community by clicking this button/icon.
When you first come to the Community, you are on the “Community – Feed” which is a list of all of the recent posts in the Community. You can make a new post, comment, like or react to any other post.
In the top nav, next to your profile name and pic, you can access the following items (these same items are in the left hand nav if you are on a desktop):
- My Activity – this will show only your own posts. This is also where you can update your cover photo.
- My Friends – this will show all of the friends that you have connected with.
- My Photos – this will show only your own photos.
- My Audio and Video – this will show only your own audio and videos.
- My Account Profile – this will show your main (VT) account profile, where you can change your profile pic, your password, etc.
- My Community Preferences – this is where you can specify all of their community display and notification preferences.
How to post Images and Videos to your Feed
There couple of ways to make a post with different media types. Under the comment box, select which media type you would like to post:
Each post type is different, but all of them allow you to add an additional text message if you’d like as well.
To make a photo post, select the photo type and then you will see a screen like this:
Select an image from your computer, and then it will look like this:
If you select the “+” symbol, you can add additional photos to your post.
To make an audio post type, select the Audio option, and then add a link to the URL field for the audio:
Similar to the audio, the video URL field only accepts links to video resources or playlists. Video post types also accepts direct links to video files (like from your media library, for example).
If you place a direct link to a video in the text box, it will embed itself there:
All Photos, Videos, Audio, etc that you post can be found under your user profile under “My Photos” and “My Audio & Videos”.
You can also create a photo album and share it in the feed – to make this, navigate to “My Photos” and click on “Create Album”.
And then ad your photos:
How do I change my cover photo?
To change your cover photo, go to the “My Activity” tab, and you will see your full cover photo with a camera icon on the top right. Click this icon to change, modify or reposition your cover photo.
How do I change my profile pic?
Under the drop-down menu next to your name, select the “My Account Profile” section and then scroll down a little – there you will see your placeholder profile picture. You can select from a set of templates, or upload your own profile picture as desired.
How do I change my Privacy and Notification Settings?
To change who can see and interact with your Profile and how you would like to receive Notifications from the Community, select “My Preferences” from the left hand column under the “My Profile” links.
How do Groups work?
Super User B’s (Aka Community Moderators) can create an Open, Closed or Secret user group. This lets your community create and participate within more narrowed group discussions. This is especially useful when your Community is revolving around a general topic.
As an Admin, you will be able to see all groups, no matter if it’s Open, Closed or Secret.
- Create an Open Group
- With an Open group, anyone can join, a User simply has to navigate to the “Groups” section and select “join” – Non-members can see everything in the group, but they can’t post, comment, etc.
- Create a Closed Group
- With a closed group, Users need to be invited or request group membership and be accepted. To invite Users to the group, click on the Group and select the “Invite” button, search for them on the list and send them an invite. It will go to their Community notifications and also their Email, if they have that set up
- If the User is an Admin, they can join right away, by navigating to the Group and selecting “Accept” on the invite
- If the User is a non-Member of the Group, they can request to join – this will place them in the ‘Pending’ column awaiting Admin or Manager approval.
3. Create a Secret Group
- A secret group is not visible to anyone except the Group Owner or Admins. The Owner of the secret group can invite others to join it – but it will not show up on the regular list of Groups for Users, it’ll remain hidden.
Note: Groups cannot be tied to access level or content role at this time.
How do I report abuse?
On every post in the Community Feed, you will see a “! Report” button, and you can click this, and specify the type of abuse that you feel it is, and this reported item will go to the Community Moderator. Posts that are reported as abuse may be removed by the moderator, and severe abuse may result in the user getting banned from the Community by the moderator.