Certifications can be created for a System, after which a System Module button that says “My Certification” will be available for each location within that System.
Certifications are made up of a group of one or more courses, which can be privileged per content role. For example, you might have a “Sales Certification” for your Sales Associates and a “Management Certification” for your Managers. In either case, when a user clicks the “My Certification” button, they will see their designated Certification.
Each “Certification” is a grouping of courses. There is no maximum number of courses that can be included in a certification. Once the courses that are in the certification are passed, the system will provide the user with a “certificate”, which they can print out.
The “My Certification” system module button provides users with a progress report, indicating what courses still need to be finished to complete the certification. Users can link directly to those courses from this menu.
Users may have multiple “Certifications”, which means that you can “certify” your users on different topics, such as “sales” and “management”, or any other topic your training covers.
In the screenshot below, you will see an example of what a user might see after clicking “My Certifications.” The sample Certification contains three courses and is complete, which means the user has the option to “View/Print Certificate.”
The printable certificate can be customized to your liking:
- Change the border color
- Add a company logo
- Add other artwork or branding
- Create a personalized message
Here is the required information for each Certification:
- Certification Title
- Enter the name of the Certification that your end-users will see (Example: Sales Certification)
- Certification Start Date
- If this Certification will span a specific number of days, you can specify those dates here.
- Certification End Date
- This is the same as above – specify the end date that this Certification should be completed by.
- Certification’s Courses Order
- This is where you will list out the courses that make up this Certification. The order you list them in will be the order they appear to end users.
- Certification Description
- This will be text that appears above the Certification if you need/want to describe it further.
- Content Role
- Here you can specify which content role(s) to make this Certification available to.
- This is the sort order of the Certifications, #1 will show first, #2 second, etc.
- Additional Information
- This will be text that appears below the Certification if you need/want to add additional information here.
- Certification Complete Image
- This is a small thumbnail that appears on an end user’s My Certification screen when they complete any certification. A default image appears if no image is specified.
- Certification Content: Active/Inactive
- This setting is for if you want to use the Certification feature, but not use a printable certificate. By setting this to ‘No’ only the top half of this admin area will be used.
- Border Style
- Choose one of 3 border styles.
- Theme Color
- Specify what color the border should be, typically similar to your system colors.
- Left Image
- This is typically your company logo
- Right Image
- The default image is a ‘certification’ symbol, however it can be replaced with any artwork you choose.
- Signature File
- Scanned version of your signature. We recommend you take a large Sharpie marker, and sign a clean white piece of paper – then scan it and save it as JPG, this will return a nice signature to use.
- Signature Name
- A text version of your signature will appear below it.
- This is the text that lives right below the Date on the final certification. Typically you can use this as additional information on the certification. One example would be: Congratulations, for making the commitment to on-going personal development.