Callouts allow you to create unique and targeted messages that you can leverage for communicating with your end users.
These can be assigned per Location, and further assigned per Content Role.
Callouts are great for:
- Making any sort of new announcements – like new Content available or new features available.
- Advertising an upcoming Live Event
- Introducing users to an area of the platform for the first time (Training Center, Leaderboard, Community, etc.)
- Advertising an upsell and/or upgrade
Create & Manage
You can navigate to the Callouts management area through the Super User Dashboard, under the Account column.
When you open the Callouts admin area, you will see a list of existing Callouts that you currently have access to. You can Manage these existing ones, or create new ones.
When creating a new one, there are two formats to select from:
- Bulletins: A “Bulletin” will stop a user on their way immediately after signing in, or navigating to the Training Center. Note: These are the original “APBs” but renamed and enhanced.
- Skylines: This brand new feature is a “banner” like message that can ‘stick’ to the bottom of the Main Menu, or sit just below your Main Menu Carousel panels. These support rich text, images and a call-to-action option.
The difference between a Bulletin and a Skyline is that the Skyline will not disrupt or stop a User from navigating around the System. It works mainly as an additional space to alert or advertise your users to anything you can think of.
Below are the various options available for both formats:
- Enable Callout: Easy, turn this on or off.
- Name: Enter the name of the Callout. This will only be seen internally on the Callouts Admin screen by you.
- Internal Description: Help yourself and other Admins quickly reference and search for specific Callouts. This is optional and only seen internally on the Callouts Admin screen.
- Video: This speaks for itself, simply select a video from your Media Library and away you go! You can also include an Additional Message to display below the video.
- Embed Youtube / Vimeo: Grab a shared link directly from YouTube or Vimeo and plug it right in and away you go!
- Embed iFrame: This one gets a little more custom – here you can embed a pre-made HTML page you may have created – although remember because this is an iFrame you won’t be able to pull any “styles” from the parent window – so be sure to include those in your code.
- Custom Content: The sky is the limit here – do whatever you want! Actually, there is a limit – we do not allow any <script> tags within this section.
- Live Preview: See what your Skyline looks like as you complete the fields below
- Hero Image: Images should be sized at 792x360px (Note: The image should be exactly 792x360px or it may display incorrectly.) and saved as a PNG, JPG or GIF. Note 2: To accommodate mobile devices, this image is hidden.
- Headline: Add a headline style to your Skyline message. You can change the font color and include variables for First Name, Last Name, Username and Location Name. There is a maximum limit of 100 characters.
- Message: Like the headline, you can change the font color and include variables for personalizing your message. There is a maximum limit of 60 characters.
- Call to Action: Short and precise CTA’s engage and convert users.
- Button Label: There is a maximum limit of 14 characters.
- Link (URL): Enter any URL to direct users.
- Open In: You can choose to direct users within the same page or open a new tab/window.
- Background Style: Select from a Custom Color or Image. Background Images should be sized at 2048x240px and saved as a PNG, JPG or GIF.
- Scheduled Dates: If you create your Callout ahead of schedule, you can enter in dates here to allow it to show up (activate) and disappear (deactivate) at certain times – automatically.
- Display Rules
- Display Bulletin: Select where to display the Bulletin – on Login or at the Training Center.
- Skylines – Banner Position: Select how you would like to position the Skyline –
- Fixed to Bottom of Window: Sticks to the bottom of a users browser window and is visible as they scroll the page.
- Inline Below Carousel Panel: This displays as a static banner directly below your Main Menu Carousel Panel.
- Dismissible: If this is set to Yes, this will give users the option to dismiss the Callout and not see it again – if it’s set to No then they will see the Callout each time.
- Priority Level: If a User has access to two or more Callouts, we will show them the one with the higher priority level. (Now that you can assign more than one Callout to a Location and assign them by Content Role, a User could end up with access to two Callouts – so this is how you can decide which one should take precedence in those instances.)
- Location Assignments – Select which Location(s) to assign the Callout to – multiple Callouts can be assigned to the same Location – just keep in mind you’ll want to make sure the Content Role is different for each one, so you hit your target audience.
- User Assignments – Select which Content Roles should see the Callout – leave this blank if everyone should see it.