Ready to stream live to all of your Users through your Training Center? Currently? You can set up our Live Streaming feature through Vimeo or Zoom, and coming soon we’ll be bringing additional streaming services support as well. Below is our step-by-step guide to set up Vimeo.
If you have a live event coming up, we will alert all Users with access to the event in the Megaphone (located in the top navigation header). Two types of notifications are automatically triggered:
- Starting Soon: Triggers 30 minutes prior to the event start time.
- Now Live: Triggers at the event start time.
Set up your Live Event with Vimeo
- Sign into your Vimeo Account and select “Create live event” located at the top-left of the screen
2. Give your Event a title, select One Time, select a start date and time, and then for Privacy we only support viewing Privacy set to ‘Private link’, and an embed privacy of ‘Anywhere’ or vt.lightspeedvt.com
3. Next, copy this event link, we’ll paste this into a new “Live Event” Course Type under Courseware Management.
4. Create a new Course in Courseware Management (be sure “Advanced Options” are showing) and select “Live Event Course” from the list of options.
5. Give your Course a name, select which Category it should live in, and then under the “Event Link” field paste in the Event link from step 3 above.
Also in this section you can enable or disable Chat, and set the Event date. This Event date will appear in the Course Details in the Training Center. Here is what that looks like:
6. Once your Course is ready to go, you can look through all of the options Vimeo offers to set up your stream – such as enabling Chat, adding Graphics, using their Q&A feature, and more.
Now you’re just about ready to go. If any of your Users open the Course prior to the event beginning they’ll see a screen that looks like this:
7. Finally, once you’re ready to go live – you will see a red “Go Live” button in Vimeo to go live – this will enable your webcam and microphone and start your stream!
That does it for this tutorial – if you have any questions at all please email us at [email protected]!